Need an easy, low-net carb casserole? This dish is amazing!
For the past few years, cauliflower and zucchini have kicked kale to the curb as the ultimate carb replacement in many of our traditional recipes. (trust me – we are thrilled about this!) This simple casserole takes full advantage of both cauliflower rice (sold in the freezer section of our supermarkets) and zucchini. We continued to skinny our dish by using lean ground beef (saving a ton of calories and fat) and light sour cream. Add in some mushrooms, and we have an amazing casserole the entire family will love!
- 1 pkg. frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 lb. lean (90/10) ground beef
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 pkg. fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (4 oz) green chilies
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cauliflower rice according to package directions. Place to the side.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add water, olive oil, zucchini, mushrooms, and onions. Cook until vegetables are soft, around 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder. Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in cauliflower rice, green chiles, sour cream, and ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake 20-22 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 190, Dietary fat: 11 g, Saturated fat: 5 g, Total carbohydrates: 6 g, Dietary fiber: 2 g, Sugar 2 g.