We have a low-carb, skinny pizza skillet perfect for your busy weeknights. Trust me, your family will LOVE it!
Love pizza but not the carbs? This pizza skillet cooks faster than pizza delivery AND doesn’t bust your waistline.
I LOVE pizza. However, I don’t love the carbs, calories, and fat. Two slices of pizza can contain up to 500 calories, 26 grams of fat, 72 grams of carbs! Not this dish! We got rid of the carbs by using our spiraled zucchini and lowered the fat and calories by using a lower-fat condensed soup and Parmesan cheese. Finally, we went nitrate-free with our pepperoni and used Applegate.
Quick note: I am always asked about the spiralizer I use, my favorite is the Vegetti. It’s affordable and is incredibly easy to use.
- 3 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 lb. lean (90/10) ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 pkg. of Applegate (or other nitrate-free) pepperoni, diced
- 1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce
- 1 can (8 oz.) Healthy Request 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushrooms, drained
- ½ cup reduced-fat grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Rinse spiralized noodles. Place to the side.
- Place large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, onion, and pepper. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add pepperoni, pizza sauce, soup, mushrooms, and Parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Add noodles. Stir. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Remove from heat. Serve.
*Nutrition Facts. Calories: 200. Saturated Fat: 4.5 g, Cholesterol: 50 mg, Sodium: 280 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 9 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 18 g.
*Nutrition Facts does NOT include Applegate Pepperoni due to variety of nitrate-free pepperoni on the market. We encourage you view the label for nutrition content.