These fiber-rich muffins are great for busy school mornings! Make a batch over the weekend, freeze, and pop in the microwave for a quick ‘on-the-go’ breakfast. Best part? These have no added sugar!
1 1/2 cups wheat bran cereal or All Bran
1 cup 2% buttermilk
2/3 cup applesauce
1 banana, chopped
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon banking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin-tin with muffin cups. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-bowl, mix together wheat bran and 2% buttermilk. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat tighter applesauce, banana, eggs, honey, and vanilla. Add mixture to buttermilk mixtures.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir until well blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes
- Cool and enjoy!
Yield: 12 Muffins
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 200, Dietary Fiber: 6 grams.