This low-carb, protein-rich creamy sauce features our amazing shrimp! A great Lenten dish for us all!
I adore a creamy bowl of fettuccine. The rich sauce and delicious flavor – what is not to love. What don’t I adore? The fat, calories and carbs that accompany the dish.
It’s makeover time! My goal with any recipe makeover is to take down a notch the fat, calories and carbs in a dish. While it may not be carb-free, sugar-free or calorie-free, this dish will be a lot LESS fat, calories and carbs than the original.
While this sauce is an amazing makeover of the original, we can easy make the mistake of consuming too much pasta. What pasta do I use? I order Fiber Gourmet pasta (you can order online) or Dreamfields Pasta (found at any grocery store).
And the flavor? Just ask my kids and husband. They loved it!
Try this Skinny Cajun Spinach and Shrimp Fettuccine dish tonight.
*Note – Nutrition Analysis was completed without pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 2 cups spinach
- Pour olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add shrimp. Cook 3-5 minutes or no longer opaque.
- Add garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour in half and half. Stir.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Mix in Cajun seasoning.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Stir in spinach. Stir constantly making sure sauce does not boil.
- Serve over HIGH FIBER pasta. (I use Fiber Gourmet Pasta or Dreamfields Pasta).