This protein-rich dessert is a skinny copy cat version of an Emeril Lagasse chocolate peanut butter pie! One word – delicious.
Many of you have realized this, but I am going to confess again – I LOVE dessert! I believe in having dessert WITH a meal, and this dessert contains one of my favorites ingredients – peanut butter!
I was inspired by an Emeril Lagasse recipe for his Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie I found while look at the Louisiana Kitchen & Culture Magazine website. His chocolate peanut butter pie looked amazing and had my mouth watering, and I was positive after a few tweeks, I could save some calories, carbs and fat.
When view the recipe, I realized I could make some simple changes to the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate cookies. I eliminated these and decided to drizzle the cake with chocolate.
- 1/4 pound of cream cheese. I used 1/3 fat cream cheese.
- 3/4 cup powered sugar. I used only 1/4 cup.
- 1 cup of heavy cream. I used half and half.
Super simple modifications, super awesome taste! Trust me, the kids and hubs loved this dessert!
*Inspiration from Emeril Lagasse Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.
- 2 blocks ⅓ fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup half and half
- Dark Chocolate Sauce, for serving
- Place cream cheese in a bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and peanut butter. Beat with electric mixer for 1 minute
- Add milk and half and half. Beat for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into muffin tins. Refrigerate until firm (around 2 hours) or freeze.
- Serve with dark chocolate sauce.