This low-carb, protein-rich skinny crawfish and shrimp salad requires no cook time! Throw all the ingredients in one bowl and you are done!
Lent is my excuse to gooble down crawfish, shrimp and the best of Louisiana seafood. This chilled shrimp and crawfish salad is a great lent dish, and is wonderful for the warm temperatures we can feel!
How did we skinny this recipe? Easy! We replaced the mayo with a combination of light mayo and Greek yogurt. Not only are we saving calories and fat, but we are adding a little protein with the Greek yogurt.
And yes, this salad is husband and kid-approved!
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound crawfish tail meat, drained
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon shrimp seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.