Say good-bye to high-calorie, high-carb, high-fat patriot cheesecakes with a few secret ingredients in our easy Skinny Patriot Cheesecake Parfaits.
As a little girl, I would stare in awe at the gorgeous flag cheesecakes on the covers of my mom’s magazines. Little did I realize the traditional flag cheesecake contains up to 500 calories and 60 grams of carbs per slice!
With a few little ingredients swaps, we are able to keep the lovely red, white, blue audience pleasing dessert without all extra calories, carbs, and fat. And yes, we have a bonus – our berries are incredibly high in fiber, a weight loss weapon, which will keep us full during our 4th celebrations. By using a whipped cream cheese and light cool whip, we save both calories and fat, but our big secret comes from Swerve. A new staple in the Skinny Louisiana kitchen, Sweve is a great sugar replacer in our recipes without tasting odd and causing…gas. The secret – Swerve is a blend of erythritol and oligosaccharides – with erythritol being absorbed in the large intestines, thus not causing gas. I encourage all to give it a try – you can find it in the sugar section of any supermarket and our favorite destination….Drug Emporium.
- 1 cup strawberries, washed & sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, washed
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- ½ container of light whipped topping
- 2 tbsp Swerve sweetener
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 6, 5 oz clear glasses
- In a small bowl, combine whipped cream cheese, light whipped topping, and Swerve sweetener.
- In clear glasses, evenly layer blueberries, almonds, cream cheese, strawberries, almonds, and cream cheese.
Nutrition Facts. Calories: 100, Total fat: 6g, Saturated fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 30 mg, Total carbohydrate: 12g, Dietary fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 3g.